• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" as it will always be updated with the current URL.

Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.pro

1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.

Shi Wei Da Satay Bee Hoon closing at the end of April after 30 years in the business

LaksaNews

Myth
Thirty-year-old satay bee hoon stall, Shi Wei Da Satay Bee Hoon, will be closing down on Apr 30, 2024. The popular stall in Bedok 85 Market is run by hawker Ng Kim Song, and attained a Michelin Bib Gourmand nod in 2018. It’s known for its generous bee hoon portions and rich, nutty gravy.

Kim Song’s daughter, Adeline Ng, took to Facebook to announce the stall’s closure, saying: “We have made the difficult decision to close our doors suddenly as the current stall has been sold.”

CLOSING BECAUSE THE STALL UNIT HAS BEEN SOLD

Speaking to 8days, Adeline said: “I’m sure my dad feels it’s a pity to let go (of his business) after so many years, but since the stall has been sold, he will take a break.”

shi_wei_da_owner.jpeg

Kim Song and his daughter Adeline. (Photo: Shi Wei Da Satay Bee Hoon)

SHARES SAME STALL AS TEOCHEW PORRIDGE BUSINESS

Kim Song only sells his satay bee hoon from 4pm. Earlier in the day, another hawker sells Teochew porridge at the same stall (the porridge business takes centre stage on the signboard, with the fact that the stall also sells satay bee hoon in smaller print).

In response to a netizen’s comment on her FB post, Adeline confirmed that the owner of the Teochew porridge business sold the stall.

Many other patrons have also taken to the comments section to express their sadness. One netizen reminisced: “I have been eating at your papa’s stall since I was 14 years old.”

MIGHT REOPEN IN THE FUTURE

However, there might be hope for fans. In her Facebook announcement, Adeline wrote: “We might have good news to share in the near future”, and asked netizens to stay tuned to the stall’s FB page.

No concrete plans are in place yet though, and Adeline said she’ll “update on our Facebook page once the decision has been made”.

“Let my dad rest first, he works too hard. Who knows, (maybe he will soon get bored and want to cook again), he cannot sit still at home,” she explained.

Shi Wei Da Satay Bee Hoon is at #01-41 Bedok 85 Market, 85 Bedok North St 4, Singapore 460085. Open Mon, Wed, Fri - Sun 4pm - 8pm. Closed Tue & Thur. Its last day of operation is on Apr 30. More info via Facebook.

This story was originally published in 8days.

For more 8Days stories, visit https://www.8days.sg/

Continue reading...

Back