• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" as it will always be updated with the current URL.

Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.nl

1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.

Singapore's PM Lee tests positive for COVID-19 again

LaksaNews

Myth
SINGAPORE: Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has tested positive for COVID-19 again due to a "post COVID rebound".

"I feel fine but I am afraid I have turned COVID-19 positive again," said Mr Lee in a Facebook post on Thursday (Jun 1).

"My doctors say it is a post COVID rebound, which happens in 5 to 10 per cent of cases," he added.

Mr Lee added that he is "still infectious although the risk is not high compared to the initial infection".

He added that his doctors have advised him to self-isolate until he tests ART negative.

Mr Lee said that he had looked forward to attending the consecration ceremony of Sri Thendayuthapani Temple on Thursday morning but "unfortunately will now have to miss it to keep others around me safe".

"My apologies to the organisers, and to all those attending the ceremony. I wish everyone a very successful consecration and celebration!" he said.

Mr Lee tested positive for COVID-19 for the first time on May 22 following his visits to South Africa and Kenya.

Mr Lee, who is 71, said doctors prescribed him the antiviral medication Paxlovid because of his age.

In a Facebook post on May 28, Mr Lee wrote: "I am now COVID-19 negative and will be back to work on Monday. Thanks to everyone who sent your good wishes!"

Continue reading...

Back